Ultrasound is safe and painless, there is no radiation exposure to the patient. It produces pictures of the inside of the body using sound waves. Ultrasound involves the use of a small transducer (probe) and ultrasound gel placed directly on the skin. High-frequency sound waves are transmitted from the probe through the gel into the body. The transducer collects the sounds that bounce back and a computer then uses those sound waves to create an image. Because ultrasound images are captured in real-time, they can show the structure and movement of the body’s internal organs, as well as blood flowing through blood vessels.
Call our front desk at
905-985-9727 to book an appointment.
- Venous Doppler of the Lower Extremities
- Venous Doppler of the Upper Extremities
- Carotid and Vertebral Artery Doppler
- Arterial Doppler of the Lower Extremities
- Arterial Doppler of the Upper Extremities
- Female Pelvic (Suprapubic and Endovaginal)
- Male Pelvic (Suprapubic and Endorectal)
- Groin for Hernia and Lumps
Small Parts Ultrasound
- Salivary Gland
- “Lumps and Bumps”
- 1st Trimester Dating Ultrasound
- Nuchal Translucency (NT) scan – between 12 weeks + 13/6 weeks
- Detailed 2nd Trimester Anatomic Survey (20 to 22 weeks)
- 3rd Trimester scan for Fetal Growth
- Biophysical Profile (BPP)
- Wrist and Hand
- Ankle and Foot
- Heel for Plantar Fasciitis
ABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND A.M.
Nothing to eat or drink atleast 6 hours prior to your exam. You may drink clear water and take any medication as required.
Finish drinking ONE litre of water/Fluids ONE hour prior to exam. DO NOT EMPTY your bladder ONE hour prior to your appointment.
Remove belly piercings. Eat as normal & Finish drinking 500ML (2 large cups) water/fluids 30 mins prior to your exam DO NOT EMPTY your bladder 1 hour prior to your appointment.
VASCULAR ULTRASOUND : VENOUS / ARTERIAL & CAROTID DOPPLER
No Preparation Necessary
Two hours prior to exam, insert one Dulcolax suppository (available as over the counter medicine at the drug store) Finish drinking 1 litre of water 1 hour prior to your exam.
DO NOT EMPTY YOUR BLADDER
Exam duration is dependent on the type of ultrasound booked – Please inquire when booking
YOU MAY BE ASKED TO CHANGE INTO A GOWN PROVIDED BY THE CLINIC
Please Arrive 10 minutes Prior To Your Appointment Time.
We Are Committed To Performing Your Examination On Time.
We May Have To Reschedule Your Appointment Should You Arrive Late.