Cell Phone Policy
For patient safety and to maintain the integrity of the clinical examination, Port Perry Imaging does not allow: cellphones cameras or video taping in the exam room.
Are you being examined? If you wish, we can provide another member of staff to be present. Please ask the technologist or front reception. In the event that we are unable to provide you with a chaperone, you will be given the option of rebooking for a new date.
Obstetrical Ultrasound Policy
During the routine second or third trimester ultrasound, if the patient (mother) chooses,
determination of the fetal gender (sex of the baby) will be attempted.
Please note the following:
- Ultrasound is not always accurate in determining the sex of an unborn child. Therefore, there is a small risk that gender impression from your exam may not be correct.
- The position of the fetus may not allow for assessment of the baby’s gender.
- In keeping with national guidelines, the exam will not be prolonged or repeated solely to determine fetal sex.
- The primary purpose of the fetal ultrasound is to assess the health of the baby, so it is important that the medically necessary portion of the scan be performed prior to disclosing the sex of the baby.
Any questions, comments or concerns, please contact our Diagnostic Imaging Supervisor. 905-985-2895 ext. 6411 or email the operations supervisor.
Data sharing policy
Using the provincial portal ConnectingOntario, we have access to your medical records that are shared among family doctors, long-term care homes and community care access centres across Ontario. This Electronic Health Record (EHR) gives us real-time access to your relevant medical information from participating health organizations.
Scent-Free Workplace Policy
Scented products such as perfumes, colognes and aftershaves can trigger headaches and respiratory distress in some people, especially those with asthma, allergies and other conditions. Port Perry Imaging has instituted this policy to provide a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
Training and Teaching Policy
• Port Perry Imaging is a medical teaching facility.
• We are dedicated to training the next generation of health care professionals.
• For medical students to become physicians, or for physicians to become specialists, they require practical experience.
• Medical students or family practice residents may join the exam to observe, as part of their training.
• Any issues should be expressed to the sonographer at the beginning of the study and we will do our best to accommodate.