1. Q: Do I need an appointment for my medical imaging test?
Appointments are required for all services, although walk-ins are accepted for patients requiring a X-Rays. Depending on the time of day, walk-in X-Ray patients may incur a wait of few.
2. Q: How do I book an appointment?
To book an appointment, you can call Port Perry Imaging at 905-985-9727 or you may walk over to our clinic reception.
3. Q: What happens if I have to cancel an appointment due to an emergency?
At Port Perry imaging we require 24 hours cancellation notice to avoid incurring charges.
4. Q: What happens if I am late for an appointment?
If you are late for an appointment, we will do our best to accommodate you. If the technologist feels there is enough remaining time in your appointment to complete the test, your test will be done. If there is not sufficient time in your appointment to complete your test, we will endeavour to give you the next earliest appointment.
5. Q: Do I need a referral to get any medical imaging done at Port Perry Imaging Centre?
It is a legal requirement that you present a requisition from your physician at the time of your test. There is one exception; however, and that is mammogram for women over 50 who qualify for this mammography screening under the Ontario Breast Screening Program.
6. Q: Do I have to have a Port Perry Imaging requisition to have any of my medical imaging tests done at this clinic?
We accept any requisition that your physician gives you for your medical imaging tests, as long as your doctor signs it; it does not need to be a Port Perry Imaging requisition.
7. Q: Do I have to pay for any of the medical imaging done at Port Perry Imaging?
All imaging tests are covered by OHIP so payment is not required. Please ensure you bring a valid health card on the day of your appointment. If you do not have a valid health card, you will be charged for the cost of the service.
8. Q: What imaging services do you provide at Port Perry Imaging?
At Port Perry Imaging we provide general X-Rays, a wide range of Ultrasound tests, mammograms, echocardiograms and bone mineral density tests. Please review Our Procedures” to see a detailed list of all of the services offered by Port Perry Imaging.
9. Q: Do you have long waiting times to get an appointment for any of your services?
We pride ourselves in our short waiting times, so you won’t need to wait.
10. Q: Do I need to arrive a few minutes early for my appointment?
If possible, we request that you arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. This will allow time for paperwork to be completed before your test.
11. Q: I have extended health coverage for private services. Does Port Perry Imaging bill my insurance company directly?
No we do not bill private insurance companies directly. We will accept your payment in advance for all our private fee services (by cash). Port Perry Imaging will provide you with a receipt of payment.
12. Q: How Do I get my doctor to refer me to your clinic?
Simply bring your requisition to our Port Perry Imaging clinic. We will conduct the tests as requested by your doctor and send a report to your doctor.
13. Q: How do I prepare for any of the tests?
When you book your appointment at Port Perry Imaging, our receptionist will advise you on what you need to do or not do, to prepare for the tests that your physician has ordered. You can also look at the back of our requisitions for details or go to “Our Procedures” page.
14. Q: Do you have any other locations?
Our other location is in Toronto at 150 York Street, Suite 910, Toronto, ON M5H 3S5, telephone 416-368-8488